Josh's Response Foreword

I have decided that since this is a blog and since the word blog is itself an informal word, I shall write in an informal method in my blog entries. The responses that follow are written as I read the different pieces and as different thoughts and ideas occur to me. As a result that may be somewhat disjointed or difficult to follow, and for this I apologize. I do hope that at least one or two of the thoughts that I leave in this blog over the course of the semester resonate with someone or at least make me look like a mildly intelligent intellectual. (Also, I shan't be editing grammar, so I hope that I am grammatically clear to all.)

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

"Explaining One's Rhetorical Choices" Response

I really have very little to say about this. It seems like a shorter version of the memo shown in the other article, so again I agree with it. One issue I wanted to raise with the two articles is that I get the feeling that the memo/paragraph to the teacher is attached to the final copy of the paper. Actually, the "Memo" article seemed to suggest that the memo was attached to a draft, but this article seems to attach it to the final paper. If it is attached to the final paper, what is the purpose? How can the teacher act as collaborator? I think that it is essential that the memo/paragraph be attached to a later draft (or whichever draft the writer thinks needs the most editorial guidance) rather than the final. That's all.

No comments: